Monday, August 29, 2011

@YVR

After a twelve hour flight delay due to Hurricane Irene, three of our team are sitting at YVR waiting for our flight to start boarding.

We met up this morning at Yaletown-Roundhouse Station and after a quick check for passports and cash, a detour home and a quick guitar jam session we headed for the airport. Turns out that Peter and I were both being somewhat competitive in terms of trying to bring the least amount of luggage possible. I ended up with two bags partially because I've packed promo items from SFU's Beedie School of Business that we'll be giving out - big thanks to the school for those! So I hope by the end of the trip I will have firmly won that competition as my luggage will be reduced to a hiking backpack.

After checking our bags at the airport we opted for a food court lunch of the most North American meal possible - hamburgers and fries from Burger King. Eva told us after we'd ordered that Burger King was in Singapore too, so we've been somewhat thwarted.




At duty free there was a sampling of apple ice-wine, so we did toast to ourselves and enjoyed.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment